Win A Present from A Star
At Universal-International Studios, young players are given a chance to prove they have what it takes to be a star. Now this studio is giving Photoplay readers a chance—to win fifty wonderful prizes. So send in that winning line and get a present from a Universal- International star!
|1.||Rose Marie Reid swimsuit||Jeanne Crain|
|2||Lane Cedar Chest||Suzan Ball|
|3.||Original painting||Tony Curtis|
|4.||Sylvania Clock Radio||Lex Barker|
|5.||Year’s supply of Pond’s “Ever-So-Red” lipstick to match “Ever-So-Red” wool knit-sweater dress|
by Helen Whiting and Stroock fleece coat by Ronette. State size.
|6.||Samsonite luggage||Susan Cabot|
|7.||Year’s supply of Cutex “Cute Tomata” nail polish to match ripe red jacket and tapered|
“Cute Tomata” pants by Cole of California. State size.
|8.||Kaywoodie pipe||Race Gentry|
|9.||Plaid sport shirt||Jeff Chandler|
|10.||Irish shillelagh||Rock Hudson|
|11.||Ten-gallon Stetson worn in “Destry”||Audie Murphy|
|12.||Ronay calf handbag||Mamie Van Doren|
|13.||Coro rhinestone brooch and matching earrings||Leslie Gaye|
|14.||Pair of Playtex Heart-rest foam pillows||Myrna Hansen|
|15.||Ronson Crown table lighter||Richard Long|
|16.||Honeydeb play shoes. State size||Lori Nelson|
|17.||Autographed Decca album from “Call Me Madam”||Donald O’Connor|
|18.||One dozen pairs of stockings in Cameo’s new “flesh-tones”||Kathleen Hughes|
|19.||Woman’s wallet in green morocco, gold-tooled in Florentine design. Contains billfold,|
leather-covered lipstick and compact. Daniel wallet by Nash
|20.||Ronson Adonis pocket lighter in chromium with lizard finish||John Agar|
|21.||Ronson Pal lighter in chromium with enamel fleur-de-lis design||Brett Halsey|
|22.||Decca album of music score for “Magnificent Obsession”||Barbara Rush|
|23.||Gift box of Breck hair treatment products: cream treatment, hair lotion,|
shampoo, hair perfume hairdressing, cream rinse
|24.||Decca album of Bing Crosby songs||Lou Costello|
|25.||Helen Neushaefer make-up carry-all containing year’s supply of “Smart Look” nail polish and lipstick||Ruth Hampton|
|26.||Coty gold-finish envelope compact||Dana Andrews|
|27.||Lucien Lelong’s 5 oz. bottle of No. 2 Sirocco perfume, made in France||Allison Hayes|
|28.||Max Factor’s “Gold Quartet”: compact, lipstick, lip brush and purse hand lotion dispenser||Colleen Miller|
|29.||Bourjois “Evening in Paris” gift box: perfume, cologne, face powder, toilet water and lipstick||Rex Reason|
|30.||2 oz. bottle of Cheramy’s “April Showers” perfume||George Nader|
|31.||½ oz. of perfume: Lentheric’s new “Adam’s Rib”||Dan Duryea|
|32.||Smart plaid overnight case contain- ing Goody hair accessories: sparkling hair ornaments,|
barrettes, clips and curlers are included in case
|33.||Pacific Mills’ black and white “Harlequin” bath set: 2 bath towels, 2 hand towels,|
2 wash clothes and giant size bath sheet
|34.||1 black calf belt, 1 neutral leather belt, size 26. By Criterion||Gloria Grahame|
|35.||Six silk scarves in assorted colors. By Baar & Beards||Gene Nelson|
|36.||Graduated pearl necklace cased in gleaming black and gold plastic “Carryette.” By Deltah||Ruth Roman|
|37.||3 pairs of cotton shortie gloves in assorted colors. Size 6½. By Dawnelle||John Lund|
|38.||Gray flannel suit with smart box jacket, slim skirt. Size 14. By Faye Wagner||Janet Leigh|
|39.||DuBarry travel kit of simulated red leather, containing skin cream, cleansing cream, skin freshener,|
foundation lotion, Sophisti-creme, face powder, cream rouge and lipstick
|40.||Red orlon sweater set. Slip-on, size 36. Cardigan, size 38. Sidney Gould||Corinne Calvet|
|41.||Luxurious black suede frame handbag. By Coronet||Mari Blanchard|
|42.||¾ oz. Bottle of Shulton’s new “Escapade” perfume||John Bromfield|
|43.||1 black velvet belt, 1 natural cowhide belt. Size 26. By Criterion||Kathleen Case|
|44.||3 pairs of gloves in assorted colors. Size 7. By Dawnelle||Ludmilla Tcherina|
|45.||Campana Hat Box with Sheer Magic liquid make-up, Solitair cake make-up,|
Magic Touch cream make-up, lipstick, Italian Balm, Dreskin Coolies cleansing pads
|46.||Helene Curtis gift kit including: Lanolin Discovery, Spray net, Suave hairdressing,|
Creme rinse, Creme shampoo and Lanolin Lotion shampoo
|47.||Gay and practical basket packed with Toni products; White Rain shampoo, Pamper shampoo,|
Tame creme rinse, home permanent, Tonette home permanent for children and selection of new Viv lipsticks
|48.||Pair of men’s pigskin gloves. Size 9. Alexette-Bacmo||Chill Wills|
|49.||Year’s supply of Lady Esther face powder (selection of shades), 4-Purpose face cream talc||Gloria DeHaven|
|50.||3 men’s silk ties Sterling Hayden||Sterling Hayden|
And now for the simple rules.
1. Write or print in the coupon provided on page 59—or on a reasonable facsimile thereof—your last line of the jingle. Your last line must rhyme with “heart.” Then fill in the prize for which you are competing as well as the name of the star who is giving this prize. You may compete for as many prizes as you wish. However, no person may win more than one prize. Fill in, too, your complete name and address and mail your entry to: Photoplay-Universal-International Contest, P. O. Box 1406, Grand Central Station, New York, N. Y. By filling out this coupon each entrant agrees to accept the decisions of the judges as final.
2. All entries must be postmarked not later than midnight September 10, 1954.
3. Anyone living in the continental United States may enter this contest except employees of Macfadden Publications, Universal-International Studios and the advertising agencies of both.
4. Each entry must be the original work of the contestant and submitted in his or her name. Joint entries not accepted.
5. Entries will be judged for originality, interest and aptness of thought by the editors of Photoplay Magazine and the stars who have donated the prizes. Duplicate prizes will be awarded in case of ties.
6. All entries become the property of Macfadden Publications and may be used as they see fit. No entries will be returned.
7. The winner will be announced in the January, 1955 issue of Photoplay. This contest is subject to all Federal and State regulations.
It is a quote. PHOTOPLAY MAGAZINE SEPTEMBER 1954